- Once you have familiarized yourself with My Locker and the other JSO features, we suggest the following:
- As you will see in this guide, there are three levels of study:
- Organize your time and how many hours a day you will dedicate to studying (for example, 1.5 hours).
- Plan on how you will divide this time. It is a good idea to dedicate a certain amount of time to each aspect.
- 20 minutes: For warm ups.
- 20 minutes: For chordal or improvisational exercises.
- 20 minutes: For taking your chosen exercise(s) through all 12 keys and at progressively more challenging tempos.
- 20 minutes: For applying your exercise to a tune you are working on.
- 10 minutes: For note-taking and/or summarizing your practice session in your personal note pad in My Locker. (For example, What worked well, What could use more work, What you will work on next.)